Re: Fluctuating RPM's

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 20:23:32 EDT

Barry,

   Sounds like the same problem I had with my 95 5.2 I had thought it
might be timing chain stretch so I ordered a new one (putting it in this
week) but the problem went away when I did a trnsgo shift kit and tranny
filter. Must have been some sort of slippage in the tranny. Assuming that you
have an auto tranny, how long since you changed the filter? You really can't
check timing chain stretch w/o tearing apart the whole front of the motor.

Does it do this only when in gear or also when in park/nuetral?

If it does it in park (flluctuating idle) then it aint the tranny.

If it doesn't do it at idle in park then it probably isn't the IAC (back of
TB, depending on what FI system you have)

If it does do it in park then it is most likely the IAC.

Hope this helps

John S

95 cc 318 auto, transgo shift kit, HE stage II TB and intake, HE 1418 cam,
1.6 Roller rockers, MSD digi6+, MSD HVC coil & 8.5 wires, Hp cap + rotor, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat), 180 stat,
autolite 3923's, progear DR timing chain, 24# FMS injectors, auburn LSD, 4.10
gears, superior axles