Fluctuating RPM's

From: Barry (bmadkins@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 19:05:04 EDT

I have noticed a problem with my 92 5.2 that is consistently getting worse.
The rpms fluctuate about 200 when holding the accelerator steady, i.e. when
keeping it at 1200, it will drop to 1000, then 1200, about every second. I
can even feel it doing this when accelerating. I was thinking maybe a bad
IAC, 02 sensor, or distributor cap. Running a MSD 6A, blaster HV coil,
3923's, 8.8 wires, and stock cap and rotor. Relocated the IAT sensor also.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, because I'm ready to just start
replacing everything, which will get expensive quick. Thanks for the help.

Barry