RE: TOAD Vehicle?

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 07:25:51 EDT

Good Morning Mark!

Welcome to the list!! You did not need to add that punch line to get a
response ;^P

My '01 ext cab (Club Cab is the Dodge lingo) weighs 3,997. The V6 should be
a touch lighter. Towing capacity on the V6 automatic is 4,800lbs with a 3.55
axle ratio and 5,200lbs with a 3.92 axle ratio. The manual has 1,300lbs and
1,200lbs less capacity respectively.

This data is from the 2001 brochure subtracting my 4,000lbs truck from the
GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating)

Looks like you are safe regardless of the axle ratio, I hope you can find
the 3.92 though....the V6 could use the extra help pulling that much up
hills. I have been there with my '92.

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!