RE: RE: TOAD Vehicle?

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 09:03:49 EDT

Hey Andy!

My '01 is only 750lbs heavier than my '92....V8 & CC are the big changes,
with the redesign thrown in.

Again, from the brochure:
"These numbers are based on an unloaded truck and a 150lb driver. Weight
allowance must always be reduced by the weight of optional equipment,
trailer hitch, passengers (other than driver), and cargo in truck. Maximum
tongue weight depends on the tow weight allowance and the payload.
Load-equalizing hitches are recommended for all trailers over 2,000lbs."

Sorry for leaving that out ;) Thanks Jason for the accurate data from the
'95 service manual! The V8 would be a better choice for the weight, if Mark
can find one in his price range. I'm going to have a 5,200lb trailer next
February so I had to get the V8 (That was the sales pitch to the Mrs. ;^P )
Seriously, her Exploder is just short of handling that weight, so I did need
the extra umph.

Let us know if you need anything else Mark!
Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/DnuuSncssJujU