Re: Flex-a-lite Black Magic fan #150 for sale

From: Robertson (jrobert@voyageur.ca)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 01:37:53 EDT

Hey John

I had the same problem as you. I just put in a brand new engine and decided
to go with a Hayden 16" electric fan. When I was in stop and go traffic
with the AC on I happened to look down at the gauge and notice it pegged
right at the "H"! Then I started to pull my 23' trailer and could never
keep it cool so out it came. I had too much invested in the new engine to
chance a melt-down. Ever since I put the old fan back on the gauge never
makes it past the half way mark. With the old fan you know it won't
overheat but with a performance water pump, coolant additive, and a extra
pusher fan can anyone say for sure that it won't overheat.

P.S. Anyone want to buy a Hayden #3710 16" fan, used only about a month?
Perfect for the V-6's.

Dave R
92 Dak 5.2

>Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 18:20:08 -0500
>From: "John Neff" <jndneff@texas.net>
>Subject: Re: DML: Flex-a-lite Black Magic fan #150 for >sale

>Please explain. I don't see how a lower temp stat is >going to keep the
truck
>cool, if a 180 fails to keep the truck under 240. The 180 >is open and
>flowing big time by the time it hits 200. The 160 stat is >going to open
>sooner, but if the fan isn't pulling enough air to keep the r>adiator cool,
.then the cooler stat isn't going to solve that. As soon as I >start moving,