Re: Flex-a-lite Black Magic fan #150 for sale

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 13:04:34 EDT

Kevin,
Actually, I thougt about this after I made all of those replies last night.
This was exactly my suggestion to one of the other guys here on the DML when
he was having overheating probs with his 97 4X4. Turned out he had several
pounds of mud caked between his A/C condensor and the radiator. I checked my
radiator. A few bugs up front that shouldn't have made much difference.
Between the A/C and radiator, it looked like a bug collection. I spent a
good while hosing it out last night. I'm going to take it for a run later on
to see what difference it made. I shoulda followed my own advice sooner.
Thanks,
John

<snip>
John check for blockages in the front of the radiator. I had the heavy duty
package on my '95 Dak, and I had a small automatic tranny fluid leak from
the tranny cooler, guss where, on the front of the radiator. No way to see
it, and I tell you almost half of the lower portion of the radiator was
covered with gunk. My truck was exactly the same. If it was moving it flowed
plenty of air, stuck in traffic I had to turn the AC off. There is no way to
check without pulling the radiator, because the condensor blocks your view
from the front. Good Luck!
<unsnip>