Re: DML BBQ

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 08:28:56 EDT

Hi Everyone :-)

Yes, I'm sure you're all sick of hearing from me by now... lol

> And many, many, MANY thanks to you Jon, and your whole family, for
> opening up your home and land to us, knowing full well what was going
> to happen to it. And for your hours of hard work putting everything
> together (and, in some cases, taking things apart :))

Most definitely THANK YOU!!!!! Heartfelt warmest thanks from Jason and I to
Jon, and his parents (Linda and Milt) Thanks again :-)
And cuddles and hugs from me to Timber, Scooter, Wilbur, Moppy, Sylvester,
and Gordon... woohooo.... Jon's little zoo :-)

> >Andy Levy and Dakota Dodge did all of Dak-dom proud, walking >through
> several spots with their stock trucks where some modified Jeeps >needed
> to be tugged or winched out.

I'm pretty proud of the way our little V6 plowed thru "Mud Lane" on Friday
as well. I'm sorry that Jason and I didn't go for that last run on
Saturday, but with the transfer case problems and the check engine light..
we didn't want to risk anything. But I'm sure we would have gotten thru it
again. Come to think of it.. I think ours was the only V6 Regular Cab in
the group.. hehehehe.

> In their defense, with the exception of Pete, none of them had seen
> these trails before, and the valuable knowledge gained last year from
> the Adam Blaster experiments helped.

Well... I won't get into too much about Pete's antics here, but I do plan on
sending him a copy of the "Tread Lightly" code by which all 4x4 club members
are expected to follow.

> > I'm sure we'll have a meet report along with video up shortly; I
> > definitely want to get this one up fairly quickly.
>
> Hopefully I can start writing something up tomorrow night.

Good plan Andy. I would suggest sending it to Jon so he can incorporate it
into the official DML Meet Report. I think it would probably be better to
have one report instead of individual ones for the DML Meet Report page.

> OH BABY! All hail the mighty 318! I wouldn't have had the guts to do
> it if I hadn't seen you pull it off. And thanks to you and Amy both
> for keeping me awake on the ride home.

And what about our V6 Andy? Geez... you'd think we didn't do a good job
this weekend or somethin. I don't recall us getting stuck once and I know
Jason sure enjoyed pulling that Jeep out of the Mud Pit. It also hauled 4
truck loads of water to refil the pit :-) And you have to admit.. it sure
looked good running thru the Pit on Saturday... even tho you wimped out on
Saturdays mud pit run ... hehehehe.

> Must...get...my...girlfriend...to...show...next year. I think I'll
> definitely need a tent then, she might want more privacy than I had
> just sleeping out in the barn in the open. Luckily she's a heavy
> sleeper too.

HAHAHA... Like I said in an earlier post... you won't have to worry about
that next year. I'm surprised that no one had any comments about Adam's
snoring. He is after all... The King of Snorer's... hehehehe... or maybe
you just didn't hear him from the other end of the Garage.

Norah
current: '01 Dakota Sport black 4x4 QC V8/4.7L/Auto
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
previous: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 CC V8/5.2L/Auto