DML BBQ

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 21:49:48 EDT

   I just wanted to post a message to thank everyone who made it to the
DML BBQ this weekend; I think its fairly safe to say a good time was had
by all! :-) If you didn't make it out, you missed a good one!
Peter Cutler brought 4 other Jeeps from his off-road club, all of whom
were a pleasure to wheel with. Andy Levy and Dakota Dodge did all of
Dak-dom proud, walking through several spots with their stock trucks
where some modified Jeeps needed to be tugged or winched out. In fact,
not a single Dak got stuck the entire weekend! Nothing against the Jeeps
or their drivers, the Daks were simply better suited to this particular
mud. :-)

  I'm sure we'll have a meet report along with video up shortly; I
definitely want to get this one up fairly quickly. Oh, and in case
you're wondering, yes, we did convoy down to the ice cream stand
this year. :-) 10 trucks went down, most of which were absolutely
plastered with mud. The looks we got as we drove along and especially
when we rumbled into the parking lot was worth the trip right there! :-)
Like I said, hopefully we'll get some pics, words, and vids up for you
to check out soon, I've got a lot of video to digitize, and lots of pics
to scan. :-)

  Mark your calendars for the 4th Annual DML BBQ and Trail Ride,
Friday and Saturday July 5-6, 2002!

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'