RE: Flex-a-lite Black Magic fan #150 for sale

From: John_Neff@Dell.com
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 10:24:54 EDT

>Man, that's a bummer... I have the exact same truck but with Crower 1.7
>RR's, a PowerDyne SC (That should make mine even hotter), 52mm TB, Hot PCM,
>and many many other things and I NEVER get above 210 (that's after sitting
>FOREVER in Atlanta traffic, stopped in 100 degree 95% humidity).

yeah, to say I'm a little upset this didn't work for me is stating the over
obvious. I can sit at idle forever, or at least 30 minutes, without a
problem. This can be with or without A/C running. It's only when I get in
stop and go that I have a problem.

>I set the
>Black Magic to come on around 180ish (eye balled the temp gauge and set it
>to come on). FWIW, I bolted my BM so that the center of the BM fan is
>aligned exactly where the old Clutch Fan used to be. I did have a radiator
>flush a month ago or so, and even though I've been running fine I added
>Radiator Relief just for safeties sake.

I've played with my fan to come on anywhere from 170 to 190. Nothing helped.
And, when the A/C is on, the fan is on all the time, so engine temp doesn't
even matter at that point. My BM fan is also set dead center on the water
pump. I flushed the radiator and added Radiator Relief at that time since I
had already had 2 thermal runaways a couple of weeks previously.

>Bummer, but I don't blame you if she won't stay cool. If your going back
>the Clutch Fan and selling the BM you might want to look into the fan
blades
>available from Summit, they claim to flow better and they don't weigh as
>much. Just a thought.

I appreciate the suggestion, but right now, I'm just going to bolt the stock
fan back on. I know it works, and I'm a bit gun shy right now to play with
anything else.

Thanks,
John