Re:: dropped a lifter into oil pan

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 11:54:03 EDT

I had the same problem w/dropping a lifter. Lucky for me I was removing the oil
pan anyway. On the rams - even tho the FSM says that you have to unbolt the
engine from the motor mounts and raise it slightly to get the oil pan off, I
found this to NOT be the case. I not only removed mine without using a jack (on
the engine or truck) - but I also installed ARP main studs, a windage tray, new
HV oil pump, AND a larger oil pan & pump pickup. It was a tight fit but
w/patience it will come out. Removing the transmission lower cover was the
secret for me.

Latr,

Shane

ps - the stock oil pump pickup is so puny its scary!

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI TB Pulleys RTcam MPComp HVoilpump DynaGearDoubleRoller
WindageTray CompTAs