Re: Flex-a-lite Black Magic fan #150 for sale

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 20:04:38 EDT

John_Neff@Dell.com wrote:

> The relay for the Black Magic fan is built into the control box which is
> part of the shroud.

Looks like they have it covered then as it sounds like a complete system.

> I know it's a crime to assume anything, but I have to put faith in
> Flex-a-lite that they would match the built in components to meet the demand
> of their fan motor. Of course, I know they recommend this fan for 318 and
> 360 Dak/Durango's which is turning out to be not quite right.

I have been contemplating e-fans for a long time but... still not sure. Today
in Memphis the heat index was around 112. On my 30mi trip home, I stopped at a
store some 25mi into it. When I came back out - the coolant temp was at 210 and
the tranny temp was 187. Thats a little to close to be playing w/the system
considering stories like yours. I'll wait for one of the fan vendors to make a
dual 16-in setup w/built in shroud or something like that before I dive in just
yet.

> There is a + that goes directly to your 12v source. There is a - that goes
> to ground. There is another + which goes to an ignition controlled 12v
> source. There is another lead which goes to the + side of your A/C relay.
> This turns the fan on whenever the A/C is on. Also built into the control
> box is a temp sensor which is placed against the radiator. Inside the box,
> it reads the temp sensor and turns the fan on whenever the sensor reaches
> whatever temp you set it to come on at. The range is 180-240.

Thanks for all the info. Sounds like a nice setup for the V6 guys.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI TB Pulleys RTcam MPComp HVoilpump DynaGearDoubleRoller
WindageTray CompTAs