Re: Flex-a-lite Black Magic fan #150 for sale

From: Phil Jenkins (bugnik@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 21:07:56 EDT

--- Shane Moseley <smoseley@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> I have been contemplating e-fans for a long time
> but... still not sure. Today
> in Memphis the heat index was around 112. On my
> 30mi trip home, I stopped at a
> store some 25mi into it. When I came back out - the
> coolant temp was at 210 and
> the tranny temp was 187. Thats a little to close to
> be playing w/the system
> considering stories like yours. I'll wait for one
> of the fan vendors to make a
> dual 16-in setup w/built in shroud or something like
> that before I dive in just
> yet.
>
> Latr,
>
> Shane

Shane,
I have a BM in my 318 CC Dak and don't have any
problems. Have never seen 210. But I live in a small
town and don't sit in stop and go traffic.
  You might know this already, Flex-a-lite makes a
twin fan setup FLX-210. It is a dual 12" setup. I am
pretty sure that some R/T guys use this and have been
ok with it.
  It seems to me that the problem we run into with
electric fans is the shroud. Our squarish radiators
don't seem to fit well with whats available on the
aftermarket. The F-body, Caprice, and Mustangs seem to
be more rectangular, would be hard to adapt. I think a
Mercedes might be a better fit with that big square
grille, but I haven't seen any up close. Especially
around here. Plenty of interesting stuff in the
boneyards.
Later,

=====
Phil