Re: Flex-a-lite Black Magic fan #150 for sale

From: John_Neff@Dell.com
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 16:31:32 EDT

>I don't know of a single fan setup that even comes w/a relay w/the included
>wiring.

The relay for the Black Magic fan is built into the control box which is
part of the shroud.

>If the fan were wired directly to the battery - it would be running all the
>time even w/the ignition turned off. I bet you at least have a switch
(either
>thermostatically controlled or otherwise) - what is the rating of the
switch?
>What is the max amp draw from the fan? These components need to match for
you
>to get the required current all the way to the fan.

I know it's a crime to assume anything, but I have to put faith in
Flex-a-lite that they would match the built in components to meet the demand
of their fan motor. Of course, I know they recommend this fan for 318 and
360 Dak/Durango's which is turning out to be not quite right.

There is a + that goes directly to your 12v source. There is a - that goes
to ground. There is another + which goes to an ignition controlled 12v
source. There is another lead which goes to the + side of your A/C relay.
This turns the fan on whenever the A/C is on. Also built into the control
box is a temp sensor which is placed against the radiator. Inside the box,
it reads the temp sensor and turns the fan on whenever the sensor reaches
whatever temp you set it to come on at. The range is 180-240.

John