Re: Flex-a-lite Black Magic fan #150 for sale

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 09:47:02 EDT

I saw the 250 series but was not impressed for several reasons. 1) I didn't
see a direct application to the full-size Dodge Trucks - it said for Chevy
trucks instead - the application for the Dodge full-size trucks said the 210
model. 2) the dual fans are 12-in each and the specs say they pull 5,200cfm
using 30amps. Compare this to dual 16-in Perma-Cool fans that produce 2950cfm
ea at 9.5amps. Thats a total of almost 6,000cfm at less than 20amp current
draw. 3) the shroud setup on the 250 looks to be about 10 percent of the size
of the stock shroud on the Rams. Thats got to be too small. 4) Since the BM
fans have the relay, thermostat, etc. all built in to the shroud - what happens
when one of the sub-components (relay, thermostat, etc) goes bad? Does that
mean a complete new setup?

Anyone out there w/experiences using any large (12-in or larger) dual-fan
setups?

Thanks,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI TB Pulleys RTcam MPComp HVoilpump DynaGearDoubleRoller
WindageTray CompTAs