360 is a go! :-)

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 16:43:54 EDT

Hi guys,

    OK, I wasn't going to say anything until the engine was in :-), but I
bought a '96 360 magnum out of a rolled over Ram last week with 7,000 miles
on it. It still had the original oil filter and everything! The inside of
this engine is like brand new! My plan is to install the engine using all my
original sensors and original wiring harness and have the computer flashed
with the 360 timing and fuel curves.

    Of course, I've gotta hot-rod it some before I install it :-). Its
getting a Comp Cams 20-604-8 cam, MP 1.92 R/T heads, MP 2-bbl MPI intake,
Hughes timing chain, valve springs and roller rockers, crower pushrods, and
polished MP valve covers. Everything else will be re-used from my 318.

    I'm a little hesitant to re-use my MP headers though, since they've been
causing me to run so lean, which has caused so many other little problems
(burnt exhaust valves, cats blowing up, gasket failures, etc). I'm thinking
of keeping the stock manifolds, but running 2-1/4" pipes to a Flowmaster
Y-collector, 3" cat, and 3" 50-series Flowmaster, all out of a single
tailpipe. That should breathe well, sound good, and it won't leak or blow
gaskets. Thoughts, opinions?

BTW, anyone got a manual trans 360 flywheel for sale?

--
Doug Myers