Re: Re: Intellitronix A/F meter

From: chris@slowcar.net
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 00:56:27 EDT

   Maybe I missed out on part of the discussion (sorry) but the reason
for the bouncing is because the truck is operating in Closed loop and you
are close to 14.7:1 where the O2 transfer function is VERY steep so even
the exhaust pulses will cause "bouncing"

    If you are trying to determine anything tuning wise from stock O2's you
should just give up. :) Seriously, take a look at this document I just put
up - it gives a good explanation with graphs as to why this will not work well.

http://shared.slowcar.net/o2_volts.xls

   If you want any meaningful info you need to switch to a wideband. You
*could* possibly use the Bosch LSM-11 sensor instead, which is basically
a refined and hand picked stock type sensor (only one nernst pump, normal
wideband is pretty much 2 - one actually controls permeability). This would
work with a standard style meter, though a digital readout would be the only
way to do it justice. Pricey though. The other option is a NTK style
5 wire wideband, which is what horiba, etc. use - but you need to a controller
circuit for one of these, there are a couple of diy-efi projects out for this circuit
on their homepage. (diy-efi)

Chris Bennight
http://www.slowcar.net
66 Charger for sale