Re: Re: CR "Quad Cab" ratings

From: NITF@work.com
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 22:06:58 EDT

If you have made the mistake of locking your brakes then the only
thing that is going to slow you down is the kinetic friction of your
tire against the road which is MUCH lower that the static friction of
your tire rolling on the ground.

This is why we were all told to ease up on the pedal if you lock up
the brakes in order to stop faster. But I do agree that a stronger
braking system would allow us to get closer to the edge of skidding
with enough modulation to stop a lot faster.

NITF