Re: NOW Skidding

From: Dakota Dodge (dakotasdodge@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 15:34:19 EDT

That gets very tricky. And quite messy. But in short it involves
"Including these "shadows", or as I would call them, "impending tire marks",
in the total length laid down by each tire of the vehicle does not pose a
problem in the analysis. This is due to the fact that during these impending
tire marks, the vehicle is at it's maximum braking efficiency (near static
friction) until the tires lose traction and begin to slide on the roadway at
the locked wheel co-efficient. By including these impending tire marks in
the total slide distance, we are still giving every consideration to the
driver of the vehicle by using the locked wheel co-efficient of friction
over the total skid distance, obtaining a lower speed." (Taken from an
article Dan Kemble a nine year veteran of the Los Angeles Police Department
wrote up)

and also the other persons skid marks. I will ask my dad who who knows much
more than me on the subject and get back to you on it. I know the basic
coefficent stuff where the skid marks are easy to trace.

Ill get back on it shortly with an answer for you.

Dakota Dodge
Profile at:
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/XgAJPmbQu2jpA/profile.htm
Truck Home Page: http://www.dakota2.4mg.com