My clunk at the dealer today

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 21:26:29 EDT

Took my 99 2wd in on a hunch, told 'em about a perceived "clunk" in the
steering wheel (and sometimes brake pedal) when stopping or accelerating. The
tech said "get in & show me" as he drove. After just 3 stops, he said it was
the intermediate steering shaft. I asked about ball joints, but he didn't
think so. Told me the reason I feel the clunk in the brakes is because the
steering column & brake pedal assy. are attached to the same sub-frame piece.
Went back to the shop, checked the ball joints & said they're OK. Ordered me
a shaft, never mentioning the front end lowering (1 1/2") and said "see you
next week". He knew of a LOT of Daks with BJ problems, but said they were
almost all 4x4s, usually the int. shaft goes on the 2wds.
Hopefully this will be the demise of my "clunk".

Kevin/NJ
99 CC 5.2L 2wd auto (318 R/T )
always addin' more...see my profile
check it out: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/quiktruk99/DARKDODGE.htm">THE