Re: BM install complete

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 00:32:24 EDT

2 things to check with the "always on" condition. #1, where did you
attach the lead that goes to a keyed power source? #2, check the
thermostat on it. If you turn it all the way counter clockwise, it'll
be on all the time. Start turning CW - you should feel a click about
1/8 to 1/4 turn in. At this point, you've set it to kick on at the
lowest temp it does (180). Keep turning to turn up the heat. This is
easier to do with the engine running so you can hear/feel the fan turn
on. I do it on my V8, you'll have plenty of hand clearance with a V6.

--- glogg@en.com wrote:
> Well just wanted to let everyone know that I completed the Black
> Magic
> install this afternoon. Only thing I didn't hook up was the A/C part,
> but
> otherwise the install went pretty smoothly. First impressions are
> positive,
> I personally like this fan a lot so far. Hasn't got anywhere near the
> 210
> mark, and I am noticing a little bit more power from the buttdyno.
> Only
> thing that is weird and this may have to due with my wiring, is that
> whenever the truck is on the fan is on. Probably something I did in
> wiring
> it. Only causality of the project was my old fan shroud. Now the next
>
> project is the Roll-N-Lock which should be arriving tomorrow (thanks
> Patrick).
>
> -Matt Grose
> South Euclid, OH
> 97 RC 4x4 Sport 3.9L V6