Re:genII door problems

From: Gensch, Travis (Travis.Gensch@qtiworld.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 09:02:32 EDT

>Anyone have any suggestions? I don't see any way to get lookin good again.

>I've thought of getting a whole new door shell and having it painted and
>transplanted on. I'm thinking that'll run ~$500 (sound right?)
>
>mm

It depends. My GenII was also broken into, only they used a pry bar on the
door handle. All of the door functions fine, except it has a 1/2 long punch
mark under the door handle. For them to fix the metal by the mark and
replace the handle, they check cut me a check for somewhere around $560. So
the total bill they were figuring was around $660 (560 + my $100
deductible). That price was verified when I got estimates from several
shops. Almost all of the cost was in repainting the door. The labor for
fixing the punch mark and the door handle was maybe $100 (can't remember for
sure). The most $$$ came from the stripe kit that I would need, paint for
the two tone factory paint job and painting labor. If your truck is only
one color without a stripe kit, it would probably be much less.

Travis