Re:genII door problems

From: Gensch, Travis (Travis.Gensch@qtiworld.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 08:59:36 EDT

I think you'd be surprised. My previous vehicle was also broken into, which
was an Eagle Talon. The idiots used a pry bar to open the top of the door
like a sardine can. The top of the door was sticking way out the frame area
and there was no way my window would ever move with the damaged door. It
was surprising the glass did not break, it only popped out of the frame.
Originally, the insurance quote was written up to have a new door. The ins.
company came and looked at the car and stated that it could be done cheaper
without replacing the door and repairing the existing. The damaged door was
repaired and was like showroom new. Never had one complaint about the fix.

Who knows on your case which is cheaper, but I would keep an open mind. I
would make darn sure that the repair place is good if you are thinking about
repairing. Personally if the cost was close to the same price, I would go
for the new door. It's your truck, so do what you feel is best. I just
wanted you to know that door replacement may not be the only option.

Travis