Re:genII door problems

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mikemeyerhoff@kc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 16:38:37 EDT

>It depends. My GenII was also broken into, only they used a pry bar on the
>door handle. All of the door functions fine, except it has a 1/2 long punch
>mark under the door handle. For them to fix the metal by the mark and
>replace the handle, they check cut me a check for somewhere around $560. So
>the total bill they were figuring was around $660 (560 + my $100
>deductible). That price was verified when I got estimates from several
>shops. Almost all of the cost was in repainting the door. The labor for
>fixing the punch mark and the door handle was maybe $100 (can't remember for
>sure). The most $$$ came from the stripe kit that I would need, paint for
>the two tone factory paint job and painting labor. If your truck is only
>one color without a stripe kit, it would probably be much less.
>
>Travis

Thanks for the info. I will probably do this come fall, and yes I have
two-tone and a stripe so I'll get to pay the max amount ;( . I just don't
see any other way to get the seam gaps back looking right and the window
operating smoothly (not to mention it tearing up the weatherstripping as it
goes up and down)

mm