Re: electric fans

From: Charles Smith (dak99rt@home.net)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 20:36:31 EDT

It is NOT enough for everyday driving in 90+ degree weather. If you see any
traffic on hot days... I do not recomend the 16" Permacool fan. Even though
it has the highest advertised cfm of 2950... ( of a single electric fan) it
is still not good enough to cool the magnum 318 or 360 on a daily basis. I
have this fan and hate to say it but it has not kept my truck cool enough
for me. As long as you are moving it is fine... as soon as you are stopped
on a 90+ degree day the temp climbs to 230 pretty quick. I could see it
overheating with the A/C on and sitting for more than a half hour in
traffic. I will keep mine because i don't see much traffic and want as much
Hp as possible... but if my truck were my daily driver i would go back to
the stock fan.
Charles Smith
99 RC R/T
13.64 @ 99 N/A