Re: priming oil system ?

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 08:39:36 EDT

    You need a oil pump priming shaft. This shaft is inserted into the oil
pump drive in place of the distributor drive. You hook the other end to a
drill and turn it in the direction of normal engine rotation until you see
oil pressure on your gauge. Then you reinstall your distributor drive gear
and distributor and fire it up. :-)

Doug Myers
-------------
'99 Dakota RC/SB 5.2L/5-speed/3.92SG
K&N Gen II, B&F Billet TB, Hughes Stage 1 Intake, 180 T-stat,
MP cam, MP headers, MP catback, MP plug wires, Accel Supercoil,
Custom Computer by Ron Zimmer, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
<Pukeloser@aol.com> wrote in message news:de.175b72e1.28815568@aol.com...
> Does anyone know the procedure for priming the oiling system on my 95 dak?
> just put in a new cam and everything i've read says to prime the oiling
> system before starting it up. do I have to drop the oil pan to do this? I
> tried to remve the oil pan ('cuz I dopped a lifter and a socket in there)
but