Re: turbo like system? (off-topic)

From: mrdancer (mrdancer2@home.your.underwear.com)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 17:46:04 EDT

I think they used some of these (variable turbochargers) on some of the
later Daytonas. They called them VNT, not sure if that means
Variable-Nozzle Turbo or what, is should be variable-vane or variable-pitch
turbo...

>From what I understand, they worked fairly well. However, for ultimate
reliability, I think hot rodders tend to go for dual-turbo setups, with one
turbo geared for low rpms and the other turbo geared for high rpms.