Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 360 oil pan

From: miggitymike (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 15:19:47 EDT

>>Are you ABSOLUTELY positive? Why does Mopar show two different part #'s
for the gaskets then? 318 takes P5249931, 360 takes P5249932. Why would they
need two different gaskets for the same oil pan? If you did use a 318 oil
pan on your engine, then cool.... I just want to make sure I don't run into
any problems.<<

the gaskets are different because the pans are different. The 318 pan will
fit a 360. The difference in the 2 pans is the sump. It's in the middle on a
Ram and in the rear on a Dakota. As far as I know, we re-used my oil-pan
gasket since the engine had never been run.

-miggity