Re: 2nd Battery Install

From: M Smith (gtv684@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 00:26:50 EDT

I wouldn't use the welding cable........this is
a disaster waiting to happen - welding cable has very fine copper "hairs",
prone to corrosion and the plastic jacket is neither water or oil proof.
Lots of future problems! I do know one guy that used it and wrapped it
electrical tape then ran it through a garden hose........sheesh, just get
the marine cable!

Replace the battery cables with a top quality marine cable,
silver tinned copper,use at least 1/0 AWG cable. With your new cables cut to
length, affix silicone filled heat shrink tubing and then crimp on using the
best quality marine terminals to both ends. Then, heat shrink ther tubing
over the wire and connector. "West Marine"
sells high quality marine wire and conectors. A good marine supplier should
be able to steer you in the right direction.

What.........overkill?!

Mark