Re: Oregon Back Roads Discovery Trail prelim report

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 04:03:32 EDT

My dad and mom just took the same trip at the end of June.
Believe it or not, they did it in an extended cab 4x4 F350 with
contractor box, though! Sounds like he did less damage to his
truck than you did . . . he did have tons of scratches (got 'em
buffed out professionally) and destroyed his female trailer
plug. I saw all their pictures and it looks like an incredible
trip. Some pics of the "road" are unbelievable. Dad said in
places he put it in 4-lo and just let it idle over the rough
stuff. I was just impressed he made it through without any
dents. Hey, if you noticed a number of fallen trees that were
recently trimmed, my dad did most of those, as those who had
come before him had narrower rigs. Anyway, I'm jealous of you
and my parents . . . wish I had the time to make such a trip.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

JY
Las Vegas, NV
--- WOT or waiting at a Red <dakatack@home.com> wrote:
> Just got back from our two weeks driving through 800 miles of
> back
> roads/trails in Oregon
<snip>