Re: Re: Re: OBD-I to carb swap

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 12:13:45 EDT

In a message dated 7/18/2001 7:58:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
flyboy01@mediaone.net writes:

<< As for the alternator, I have heard that they will not work without the
 computer, I was going to investigate getting a regulator, but I have no idea
 how to wire it. >>

I haven't had a chance to look that closely at the layout on my Dak.. but I
know that on my Shelby Charger the voltage regulater is/was built into the
cars computer; and all I had to do was simply put the old style external
regulater in the car, and pull the wiring from the plug to the alternator off
another mopar and I was back in business.
$8 for conversion.. vs.. $200+ for computer.. we do what we gotta do.

Aaron W in AL

94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
95 RC Sport 2.5L 5 Spd
86 Shelby Charger Turbo