Re: Tach signal

From: miggitymike (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 04:48:07 EDT

>>Does anyone know what kind of signal the Tach
is looking for on a 97 Dakota? We switched
to haltech and a standard distributor (not hall effect)
and so the tach is no longer operational<<

The tach recieves it signal from a Tach Module in your dash, which receive's
it's signal from the computer. The factory tach isn't very accurate compared
to a nice aftermarket one. My advice is to get an aftermarket ignition and
run an aftermarket tach off of it. It'll be more accurate and repsond
faster....

-miggity