Help with ABS Problem

From: Brian Blater (blater@sisna.com)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 10:35:22 EDT

I have a 96 Dakota SLT 4x4 CC with the V8 and the rear ABS option. Yesterday
on my way home from work I was making a left hand turn and had to apply the
brakes a little harder than normal (not enough to lock up the rear or
anything), but while doing this the ABS light and parking brake light came
on. Since then they have stayed on. Any ideas as to what the problem might
be? Is this something I can fix myself? I just despise taking it to the
dealer etc. and being "raped" by the service people.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Brian
blater@sisna.com