Re: Re: Turbo theory--long

From: chris@slowcar.net
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 16:29:08 EDT

   You are going to have a very difficult time getting a turbo to work properly with a
stock pcm since you can't read boost (1 bar map).

   With superchargers, since boost scales vs. rpm, you can typically use existing rpm
enrichment tables to compensate, but with a turbo boost scales vs. load (exhaust
massflow) so you are basically SOL if you can't read it (can have full boost at 2000
rpm or 6000, etc.).

    If you are serious about a turbo set up there is tons of potential there - pretty much
whatever your motor can handle you can turbo it to produce - but I would highly
recommend a piggyback EFI system - right now the Speed Pro with wideband
option is by far the best value and performing system.

  Chris Bennight
  http://www.slowcar.net
  66 Charger for sale
  http://charger.slowcar.net