Re: Check Engine light on

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 14:19:59 EDT

The factory plugs probably went south many miles ago. 10K-15K miles is about
the average for a tune-up. Since it's at 25K miles, change the plugs, cap, and
rotor.

On the TB cleaning, the best way is to remove it from the truck, remove the
sensors, and give it a good cleaning (all ports and the IAC Solenoid Plunger as
well). Just spraying cleaner down the bores does nothing but wash the gunk
into the manifold.

1 bottle of Chevron Techron in the tank. :)

- Bernd