Check Engine light on

From: Jason Mc (dakstuff@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 13:09:54 EDT

Hi there,
My check engine light came on so I took it to the dealer to check it out.
They said two codes poped up: One because the gas cap was loose ant the
other was for maintenance. Dealer said spark plugs need to be replaced,
injectors need to be cleaned and the throttle body needs cleaning. THe
truck only has 25,300 miles. If I remember correctly the manual said the
plugs don't have to be replaced until 30,000 miles or more. What is the
best way to clean the throttle body and injectors? Does the injector
cleaner you add to the gas tank work well?Thanks for all the help.

Jason
2000 Std Cab V6 5 speed