Re: Check Engine light on

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 19:01:00 EDT

I agree with Mike. I can't figure out how a computer would be able to
sense when plugs need replacing. To me, that seems like a trained eye/ear
needs to inspect that to determine if it needs to be replaced. There ain't
no sensor on or near the plugs.

As for the gas cap, if the cap isn't tight I suppose the emissions system
could pick up that there's too much venting.

The injector cleaning is a hose job, and the TB cleaning is too. You can
do both with a bottle of Techron for the injectors and some TB cleaner
yourself for under $20 in the driveway. Swapping your spark plugs for a
set of Autolite 3923s at that mileage won't hurt either, and it's under $10
and a little elbow grease.