Oil pressure guage saga

From: Steve Owens (sowens01@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 20:12:03 EDT

Well, had my truck in again for an oil pressure guage that was reading just
above the low end of normal when warm @ idle. This time the tech actually
hooked up a mechanical guage to it, and he said the pressure read a steady
38 psi when hot at idle. Dodge spec for the 4.7 is supposedly from a high of
40 psi to (get this) a low of 7 psi. They replaced the sensor (which is what
I thought was the problem), but driving it home it still dipped way low.

Obviously I'm not worried about the actual oil pressure anymore, but it does
kind of bother me that I can't use the guage to judge how the pressure
really is. If I really get a bug up my backside about this, how difficult is
it to mount a set of aftermarket guages for oil pressure and coolant temp
(assuming I can find a suitable place in the cab to mount them)?