Major bogging in heat with AC on!

From: \(MAGNUM S/T\) (hoegen@kersur.net)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 09:21:12 EDT

Man....my poor lil V6 was bogging real bad during the mini heat wave we had
round here this week. It even got to the point where the fan was making that
loud noise while accelerating that seems to take away power (or am I
imagining this??)

Anyway, if you know what I'm taking about with respect to the fan kicking in
during driving and the bogging...will replacing the factory fan set-up with
an electric fan relieve much of this??? I realize there is a significant
loss of HP with the AC turned on...thats why I dont use it much...but the HP
loss I was experiencing seemed much worse.

Note: I drove it today in the cool 68 degree air and it ran fine.

...in a nutshell I'm looking for the pros of getting an electric fan setup
on my 99. I just dropped $1300 putting a new tranny in my wife's Tracker
(don't ask)...so the thought of spending allot on the Dak is not very
welcome :-)

Later all,

--
Kevin