Re: Major bogging in heat with AC on!

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 16:14:22 EDT

Kevin,

    The set-up I'm running in my '99 sounds ideal for your situation. I have
yet to experience any temperature related power loss. I removed the stock
clutch fan and installed a Hayden 16" electric fan ($150 @ PepBoys), Hayden
thermostat relay ($40 A PepBoys) and SpeedTweaks IAT adjuster ($30 now I
think). Combine those with a Robert Shaw 180 degree thermostat and you won't
have any problems with power loss on hot days.

    The pros of installing the electric fan set-up far out way the cons (if
there are any to removing the clutch fan). If you don't want to dump $200
for a fan at least try the IAT adjuster and 180 degree T-stat. This might
help prevent the clutch fan from coming on. I could be mistaken on this
though. And yes, replacing the clutch fan with an electric fan will relieve
the bogging that you feel when the clutch fan engages (loud
whooshing/roaring).

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport