RE: Lights out!

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 10:28:27 EDT

Andy; I just took a look under my truck and under the hood. The left side
fog light harness branches from the main front-end harness near the bottom
of the radiator, in front of the steering box. There aren't any plug-in
connectors between the PDC and the lamp socket. Fuse C is in position 22 in
the PDC (label is on the under side of the lid).
The most vulnerable area to the wire harness is directly behind the lamp.
The wire may have separated near the back of the socket.
My suggestion is to pry open the split loom about 6 inches back from the
socket, wipe off the residual clay coating on the two wires (LOL) so the
colors are apparent, and slice a little insulation off the solid blue wire.
The black stripe on the other wire, the return to the switch is hard to see.
If you have 12 volts there, the wire is separated beyond that point and it's
easy to splice in a new length. If no voltage there, good luck :--). As a
last resort, you could splice in a new wire at the right side light and run
it across behind the air dam from to the left side.
OBTW I discovered about 5 pounds of creek bottom clay still up in there
behind the air dam and inside the cross member and this is after several
washings, LOL.
Sorry to here about your weekend hours. Hopefully this pays time and a half
at least.
Neil