ATF+4 and Synthetics

From: DGB (dgbcms@netnet.net)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 10:38:30 EDT

Has anyone had the opportunity to purchase this stuff from
Chrysler yet?

My transmission cooler came in yesterday and of course I'll
be making the installation. Ryan's in Green Bay, who I
bought my QC cab from, didn't have any in stock so they
called the other Chrysler dealer in GB, $30 a gallon and
they only had it in gallons.

Had the Serv. Mgr. tell me ATF+4 wasn't a synthetic which
displays the intellect level of the dealers up here, as it
is a synthetic. Also asked him if running the Amsoil
replacement would be okay as far as the warranty went. He
replied with "as long as you change it at the Chrysler
recommended intervals".

Amsoil costs about the same but they claim you can run it
two to three times as long in between changing. Has anyone
found this stuff cheaper? Guess I'll wait till the warranty
goes out to go to Amsoil.

Am going to Mobil One and a Purolator One Filter for the
next engine oil change.

Also want to go to Redline for the 3:55 rear end
limited-slip.

What's the rest of you doing?

Dwight in NE WI
01 QC V-6 Patriot Blue
4000 miles and hopefully 200k out of this one like my '94!
:-)