Found the prob, truck is screamin'

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 01:04:05 EDT

Hey Everyone,

         I think I've finally solved the problem with my engine after the cam
install.

         First, I'd like to officially thank all you guys for your help (yes,
even Mark K.)
I couldn't have done it without your advice and troubleshooting.

It was the black plastic unit that looks like a disc that I assume controls
the opening and closing of the EGR valve. It has a vacuum line from the
manifold and to the EGR valve, the line to the EGR valve had a blockoff on it
(since I got rid of the EGR valve). Anyway I looked at the underside of the
unit and it had been melted by something. So I took a gamble and filled the
melted area (wich I assumed might be causing loss of vacuum) with RTV red. I
noticed the difference pretty quickly and it keeps pulling stronger as the
computer readjusts.
  The engine is now a total screamer now. Pulls strong to about 5800-5900
RPM. I can tell it is starving for air though. I think I'm gonna make the M1
manifold my next project (along with heads).
   I'm also gonna try swapping back in the 24# injectors to see if they work
better now.
    Has anyone come up with a good way of installing the MP 4bbl TB? Or is
there a way of flowing more air though modifying the 2bbl TB (currently
running a 52mm).

    What kind of heads do you guys recommend I go with? Any suggestions on
who to have do the work? I notice some places have 3 angle valve jobs and
some have 5 angle, what is the difference?

John S

           95 cc 5.2 auto, transgo shift kit, HE stage II TB and intake, HE
1418 cam, 1.6 Roller rockers, MSD digi6+, MSD HVC coil & 8.5 wires, Hp cap +
rotor, MP PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat), 180
stat, autolite 3923's, progear DR timing chain, auburn LSD, 4.10 gears,
superior axles, K&N X-stream filter system, MP valve covers