Stock fan....

From: \(MAGNUM S/T\) (hoegen@kersur.net)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 08:30:35 EDT

I posted earlier about all the noise my fan was making, but I don't think I
emphasized the info I was lookin for. I have no doubt the IAT adjuster will
do wonders and plan on getting it...I'm more interested in the stock fan
though.

I'd like to know what the heck all the noise is occasionally when I drive.
It seems that every once in awhile the fan kicks in and in so doing I get a
loss of HP......is this just my imagination? I know diddly about the stock
fan's operation, but I had assumed that it is simply belt driven and is
continuously running, so why do I occasionally get all that "fan" noise as
if it is kicking into high gear?

...my apologies for my lack of technical abilities

lastly, will an electric fan rid me of these symptoms?

Thanks again