Re: WAS Hardened Retainers Now Hardened valve locks

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 08:28:38 EDT

    Don't worry. I'm pretty sure that they're fine, my machine shop just
recommended them in general, not just for magnums. I've never seen anyone
offer hardened keepers for the magnums. Even the Mopar Perf ones are
"standard". Now, the stock retainers, the only problem with them is that
they aren't large enough in diameter to work with perf valve springs. All
the aftermarket ones are hardened.

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota RC/SB 5.2L/5-speed/3.92SG
K&N Gen II, B&F Billet TB, Hughes Stage 1 Intake, 180 T-stat,
MP cam, MP headers, MP catback, MP plug wires, Accel Supercoil,
Custom Computer by Ron Zimmer, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch