Re: rear disc brakes

From: Kevin (ksmith@korea.com)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 01:54:16 EDT

You do not want your brakes to lock up! A rolling wheel is still exerting a
braking force on the pavement, where as a sliding wheel is just that
sliding. Much less braking force on dry or wet pavement. There are some
folks, namely racers who are about to out-perform a 4 wheel ABS in stopping
distance, but it takes a lot of practice. A loaded truck that has lost
braking control with wheels locked up is a bad situation.