Re: Re: Can't find a replacement diff!!! What to do?

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 20:17:06 EDT

I'm using a 8 3/4 right now. If you do it right It can be cheap, about $500
to $600 if you buy a whole non-posi rear end, used centersection, and new
bearings, you will need to do brakes which will be about another $150 with
new drums. An E or B body axle will work. The E body is about a 1/2"
narrower and the B body is about an inch narrower. they are both 5-lug, if
you want 6-lug, you will need custom axles ($240) but will be able to use
your stock drums (-$78).

Or you can do it the way I did and spend $1400 on all new parts. Either way,
these rears are able to handle 550 hp with a stick, and up to 750 hp with an
automatic. They also weigh less, cost less, and are more efficient than a
Dana 60.

I am trying to get my pics up, but the FTP program is giving me fits. I will
get them up on my site as soon as possible.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
~360ci, 5-spd, 8 3/4 rear / 3.90-SG
1994 Dakota 15.36 @ 91.56 mph
~318ci, 5-spd, 3.90 LS (bone stock, no mods)