Re: NASCAR's cop-out

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 11:56:38 EDT

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:45:11 -0400, bernd@texas.net wrote:

>After reading a large portion of the 324 page report (57MB PDF Download), I
>don't see where Nascar did anything wrong. They requested that all others
>check their safety equipment...including the safety harness (seat belts).

If you only listened to his defense team you wouldn't see where OJ
Simpson did anything wrong either. It's not so much what they did ,
it's what they didn't do. Three drivers have died recently, all from
the same type of crash and all from the same kind of injury. Yet
according to NASCAR everything's just peachy keen. Let's wear our HANS
device, make sure you're buckled up good and let's go racin'. And
whatever you do don't say or do anything that would cause NASCAR any
bad press.

97 V6 Auto
e-mail mcrumley@airmail.net

President Bush met the with Queen for the very
first time. I think they hit it off. The Queen never won
the popular vote, she inherited the job from her father, and
they both have embarrassing relatives.- Jay Leno