Re: Explosive powder (was: What's this sound like?)

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 22:03:52 EDT

Haven't you guys tried the corn starch in the tube experiement? It also
makes for a good explosion. hehe

Chemistry 101 has ended for today. Please go out, purchase your text books
and class will resume tuesday at 7:00 am : )
-Chuong

<
>>(Bearing in mind, of course, that any cloud of powder, even if
>>non-flammable is a potential explosion hazard.)
>
>Baby powder can explode? I'll watch out.

Cooooooool.....

I know that non-dairy coffee creamer powder is quite flammable. Just
drizzle it from a spoon over a match. When it's in particulate form
floating through the air it makes for quite a good show.

Umm... sorry... pyro moment... we now return you to your regularly
scheduled mailing list :-).