Rust

From: Kevin \(MAGNUM S/T\) Hoegen (kevinhoegen@email.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 22:29:20 EDT

OK.....this is somewhat off-topic...BUT...I suppose it can apply to Daks as
well:

I was inspecting my wife's 4x4 Tracker (the one we just put a new tranny and
engine in over the past 4 months -(. There are a number of rusted areas,
typical to foriegn vehicles and I'd like to attack these now before they
become a real prob in the future.

Is there an easy way to stop the rust...possibly a spray which prevents
further rusting while at the same time converting the current rust to
something less harmful?? A product name would be great :-)

The rust I am now getting is not simply random surface rust, the areas tend
to be at major structural joints in the frame and steering
components...hence my wanting to address them asap!

TIA