Re: Rust

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 08:55:01 EDT

At 10:29 PM 8/26/01 -0400, you wrote:
> -- SNIP --
>Is there an easy way to stop the rust...possibly a spray which prevents
>further rusting while at the same time converting the current rust to
>something less harmful?? A product name would be great :-)
>
>The rust I am now getting is not simply random surface rust, the areas tend
>to be at major structural joints in the frame and steering
>components...hence my wanting to address them asap!

Many on the MML use POR-15 when restoring their muscle cars.
It's must be applied carefully from what I've read.

I don't know whether Rust Check or Krown Rust is available in the States
(try Walmart or some truly national auto. supplier). I've used Krown Rust
on my vehicles since '86. The U.S. army is the largest user group
of Krown Rust in the States. Both, if available, come in spray cans.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG